Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Living Life

Hi all & Happy Wednesday! I have another card for you today using another new set from the upcoming SU Summer mini catalog. This set is called Fabulous Florets. When I spied this set, I have to admit it was the papers that coordinate with it that I swooned over. So if all us crafters think alike, and I know we do, HOW could I possibly JUST get the papers and not the set??? I mean for Pete's sake c'mon! *wink* So for your viewing pleasure, you get to see both in action today -


The card LO is from last weeks Sketch challenge on Splitcoast. Here is the Sketch-



I flipped the sketch, and changed the sizes of the panels to fit my needs. Oh.. there is another new goodie used too, the Flower Garden EF. ( I know, I know... you should see the twist marks on my arms from all the "must have it" pressure! he-he) I stamped the Poppies in versamark on watercolor paper, embossed with black EP, then water colored them with Tangerine Tango. To get the deeper tone on the petals, I used my Cajun Craze marker, and then went over the just colored area with my aqua painter. The Sentiment is from a SU hostess set called Occasional Quotes. 
I am going to send this as a Mother's day card, so this card also fits the SUO challenge card for this week. (Whoop! Whoop!)  Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek! Details below -


Heather :)

Stamps - Fabulous Florets, Occasional Quotes
Paper - Sahara Sand textured, Black, Whisper White, Water color, Beyond the Garden DSP (available 5/1)
Ink - Versamark, Tangerine Tango, Cajun Craze,Classic Black
Accessories - Big Shot. Flower Garden EF (available 5/1), Black EP, Paper piercing tool, aquapainter, dimensional dots, heat tool




7 comments:

Jen Timko said...

It would be impossible to consider getting the paper without all the matching items! But then, of course, I'm an enabler. ;-) This is really wonderful and the quote is fantastic for a mother. So glad you joined us for the SUO Challenge this week!

Jen Timko

Loralei said...

This is beautiful! I love it! The poppies really POP!

Jen said...

I am one of those people who only ordered the paper thinking I don't need another flower set. But you know what, after seeing how lovely those poppies look, I think I'm going to have to add it to my order now! :) Great card!

Anonymous said...

Simply lovely card. I love the coloring you did on the poppies! Thanks for joining at SUO Challenges!

Lesley said...

Absolutely fabulous! I love the way you have showcased the embossing folder and the watercoloured flowers are beautiful!
Smiles,
Lesley

Heidi Baks said...

Just beautiful, Heather! Thanks for playing SUO Challenges.

Emma said...

Oh my goodness - sing it from the rooftops that this card is completely AWESOME. How classy and creative this is - I LOVE it :D

Play Day Brewing

Hey Everyone! I have a card to share today! I Know!... I am in as much disbelief as you! We are steadily approaching the Holiday season.. ...