Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Bring on the Color Challenge

Hellooooo!!! Tuesday already?? That means there is a color challenge to play along with on Splitcoaststampers. I used the challenge today as a starting point for a birthday card for my sister-in-law Patti. Her Birthday is on St. Pat's Day, and I always seem to send her the same card every year...a card that has an Irish blessing or a St. Pat's theme. I really wanted to change it up this year and give her something different. So that is where the color challenge comes in. The hostess on Splitcoast chose so wonderfully subdued relaxing colors today, Baja Breeze, Soft Suede, and Crumb Cake. Some of my favorite colors, if you hadn't already noticed. Here is Patti's card -




 I made some little flowers by punching a scallop circle out of some baja breeze paper, cutting it into a spiral, and than wrapping it tight around the tip of a pencil. Easy peasy really! The sentiment is from the set Bring on the cake from the Occasion's mini as well as the Baja Breeze seam binding on the bottom of my card. This stuff is Delicious! Now a must have in my book! :) Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek! Details below -

Heather :)

Stamps - Bring on The Cake
Paper - Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Soft Suede, Baja Breeze, Pear Pizazz
Ink - Soft Suede, Crumb Cake
Accessories - scallop circle punch, scallop circle from ity bitty shapes punch pack, Designer label punch, oval punch (for leaves), Baja Breeze seam binding, two way glue, Dazzling diamonds, glue dots, dimensional dots, paper Piercer, sponge

3 comments:

Katie Ann Brooks said...

WOW! This is just stunning! Clean and simple but elegant and the blues really pop!

Gloria Dojlido said...

So very elegant and pretty. Love your little handmade rosette.

Rose said...

So pretty and understated! LOVE your style, Heather. Such great inspiration!

Play Day Brewing

Hey Everyone! I have a card to share today! I Know!... I am in as much disbelief as you! We are steadily approaching the Holiday season.. ...