Tuesday, November 18, 2014

a dazzling 60 years

Hey Everyone! I have been busy, like the rest of you I am sure, getting ready for the upcoming holidays. This past weekend I painted our back hall, and yesterday I made an anniversary frame for my beloved neighbors. They are celebrating 60 years of marriage. Wow! I am just in awe of them every time we share stories over the fence with each other. They both are wonderfully amazing people, and full of life and love for each other. So, as a token of my love for them, I decided to make a frame for them. I made a card a few months back for a couple celebrating their 50th. A fellow demo, Carol Carriveau, made the suggestion to put it in a frame, so that's what I did. Thanks Carol! Here is the frame -



I just changed up the numbers, and used Dazzling Diamonds glimmer paper in lieu of the gold foil on the original considering it is their diamond anniversary. :) Here is a close up - 


I really loved making this for them, and I am sure they will love it too! OK, off to get some ingredients for this weekends Boy Scout bake sale! Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek! 

Heather :)

Stamps - Papaya Collage, Memorable Moments
Ink - Versamark
Paper - Whisper White, Very Vanilla DSP, Dazzling Diamonds Glimmer paper 
Accessories - Big Shot, Paper Trey by the numbers dies, 1 1/4, 1 3/8 circle punches, Basic Rhinestones, Crochet Trim, White Satin Organza ribbon, Gold Embossing powder, heat tool, Dimensional dots, paper piercing tool, Frame

6 comments:

2dogs2luv said...

simply beautiful!

Carol Carriveau said...

Equally fabulous, Heather...really love this card...and thanks for acknowledging me re the frame...looks really more beautiful!

Patrice said...

I absolutely adore this Heather! I think you've just helped me decide what to make my dear grandmother for her 90th next month. I'm so grateful for your inspiration. Thank you! x

Esther Asbury said...

WOW!! Your frame is absolutely gorgeous!! It looks so classy and elegant -- what a lovely keepsake for your neighbors!

Patricia said...

Heather,
I just discovered your blog and I have to say, I am so sorry I didn't find it years ago. You do such beautiful work. This frame is just gorgeous. I'm sure your neighbors will just love it. I love the 50 year card as well and I am just excited about the Peace and Joy star ornament you did (which I will try to case with the stamps which I just bought).
Thanks for sharing all your work - so much inspiration here.

Ruthie Graen said...

Absolutely stunning! Isn't it amazing how the frame really turns this lovely work into a piece of art?!

Play Day Brewing

Hey Everyone! I have a card to share today! I Know!... I am in as much disbelief as you! We are steadily approaching the Holiday season.. ...