Friday, February 10, 2012

Bee Mine?

Hi Everyone! Happy Weekend! I have another quick post for you today. Today, on Facebook, Stampin' Up! is showcasing some Valentines made by the 2012 Artisan Award winners. Each month SU asks us if we would like to contribute to their Facebook wall with a holiday project. I always think to myself, "C'mon, are we going to pass up an opportunity to get a little inky?" Well, I sure can't! :) So here is my Valentine -


I had a little fun with my punches! What do ya think??  Inspiration came from Jan. issue of Paper Crafts. The beehive is made using the XL oval and the Large oval punches along with the word window punch. I inked the edges of the punched ovals with some More Mustard ink for some added depth. I hand cut the tree limb, and the leaves are made with the large oval punch. SU does not make an oval as small as I was looking for, so in order to make the bees, I cut a strip of So Saffron and Black paper 1/16 smaller than the 1/2 inch, which is 7/16ths. This way I can insert the ends of the strip of paper in from the back of the punch, and round the ends. Did that make sense? I just repeated that step with the black strip to make the stripes on the bees. The rest of the card is pretty self explanatory. I had so much fun making this card, I hope you get "BIZZY" with your punches too! :) Thanks for stopping by today and taking a peek! :)

Heather :)

Stamps - none
Paper - Poppy Parade, More Mustard, Choc. Chip, Pool Party, Whisper White. So Saffron, Basic Black, Pear Pizazz
Ink - More Mustard
Accessories - Big Shot, Perfect Polka dot EF, Billboard Alphabet, XL and LG Oval punches, small Heart punch, Owl Builder punch, 1/2 circle punch, Pinking heart border punch, Word Window Punch, Black Marker, Sponge, Dimensional dots, Mini Glue dots

10 comments:

Connie Collins said...

So sweet and bee-utiful too!

Carol Carriveau said...

Absolutely adorable!

Kim said...

super card! this will be on my punch inspiration post tomorrow. TFS

Pam said...

Oh, Heather!! This is the cutest stinkin card I've ever seen!! So creative and fun!!! What a great card to cheer someone up!

Jery said...

This is so cute!!! thanks for sharing the supplies and how to's.

Terstamper said...

Sooo cute! I love punch art.

Ter ;)

Anna said...

What a terrific card! you are so clever :)

Ellen Taylor said...

super cute punch art!!

Gail S. said...

Cute, Cute, Cute!!! Happy V-Day (or is is Bee-Day)

Anjii said...

This is the cutest thing ever! I have a little award for you on my blog... http://coffeetablecrafter.blogspot.ca/2012/04/i-won-liebster-blog-award-and-im.html

Play Day Brewing

Hey Everyone! I have a card to share today! I Know!... I am in as much disbelief as you! We are steadily approaching the Holiday season.. ...