Friday, August 5, 2011

Still Partyin' Hearty

Hi Again Everyone! We are into day 4 of the -



Did ya ever think you would get a post from me everyday? I sure didn't think so! So maybe this hopping is a good thing?
I do hope you are all enjoying seeing all the winning projects up close. So much work goes into the projects. I lot of dedication to the craft I tell ya! Well done Ladies! :)

Have you checked out Heidi Kings Creations yet today? If not you can catch her on the way around the hop. Today I have another card to share -


I have to admit, you may have seen this card on here before. I simply changed up the colors a little on this one. I love this little punch art owl. Is it a sitting in a nest? Or is it sitting on a branch with ruffled feathers?
You decide? I made my branch using an SU shipping box. I peeled off the top layer of paper to expose the corrugated center. Then cut a branch freehand in the shape I needed. The Polka dot leaves were made using my med. oval punch. I punched out one then reinserted the punched piece back into the punch to form the leaf. I did the same thing to make my Owl, I just kept the larger piece. Isn't he Cute?
I really like this little guy, and hope to recreate him sometime soon. :)

Our next stop on the hop is -

and a list off all the other ladies on the hop -

Heather Klump (you are here)
Heather Summers

See you all tomorrow! Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek!


Heather :)

Details -

Stamps
- Party Hearty
Paper
- Soft Suede, Baja Breeze, Whisper White, Peach Parfait, Early Espresso,
Pear Pizazz In Color Hostess pack DSP, Crumb Cake
Ink
- Soft Suede
Accessories
- XL oval Punch, Create a cupcake punch, Dotted Scallop Ribbon
Border punch, Ity bity Shapes punch pack, crop-a-dile, Peach parfait poly Ribbon
SU shipping box, mini glue dots, Dimensional dots, Paper snips


2 comments:

Connie Collins said...

I absolutely love this card...especially the way you used a SU box to make the branch and that little owl is so stinkin' cute! Well done! This is one of my personal favorites.

Anonymous said...

This card is so cute and original, LOVE it!

Play Day Brewing

Hey Everyone! I have a card to share today! I Know!... I am in as much disbelief as you! We are steadily approaching the Holiday season.. ...