Monday, November 8, 2010

Sparkly & Bright

Monday already? I fit in some time to play over the weekend, in between cleaning up the yard, and carting kids here and there. Glad I did too! I just received this set in a recent order, and have been wanting to get inky with it for days. I had originally saw this set as perfect for tags this holiday season, but I think I am going to use in workshops for cards too! For my first sample I used non traditional Christmas colors, Melon Mambo, and Marina Mist. I punched out various sized circles, then stamped them with the darling snowflake in the set. I then adhered them randomly onto the card front. I used wild wasabi, marina mist, and melon mambo to ink up my tree, stamped it twice, cut out one, and popped it up on top of the other for some dimension. I used one of the essential rhinestones for the star on my tree, stamped my sentiment in basic black, then finished it off with some Marina Mist ribbon.  Super FUN!

My second sample using this set I used the stocking, and some accessories from the loads of love set. I used Sahara Sand for my card base. I stamped the stockings in a row using versamark, then stamped one in Old Olive. I stamped the snowflake in versamark on top of the Old Olive stocking, then cut it out and added some Crystal effects and some Dazzling Diamond glitter to the "bells" for some detail. I stamped my packages from Loads of love on a scrap and colored them with a blender pen, and markers. I cut out the packages and attached them to the stocking with a glue dot. I popped the finished stocking up over one of the other stockings, Sponged the edges of my card with Crumb cake, then stamped my sentiment to complete the card. I hope you had time to play over the weekend, and thanks for stopping by and taking a peek. Details below -


Mambo Bright card -
Stamps - Sparkly & Bright
Paper - Melon Mambo, Whisper White
Ink - Melon Mambo, Wild wasabi, early espresso. Marina Mist, black
Access - Circle punches, essential rhinestones, Marina mist 1/8 ribbon, dimensional dots

Sahara Stocking card -
Stamps - Sparkly & Bright, Loads of Love Accessories, teeny tiny wishes
Paper - Sahara sand
ink - versamark, crumb cake, old olive, real red, garden green
Access - open scallop punch, Crystal effects, blender pen, Dazzling diamonds glitter, dimensional dots, sponge

No comments:

Play Day Brewing

Hey Everyone! I have a card to share today! I Know!... I am in as much disbelief as you! We are steadily approaching the Holiday season.. ...